Saturday, June 8, 2013

Well,I Made It Through The Day!


 It was a long and tiring day, but I made it!  I am alive. It was such a wonderful day!  Everyone was right!  I love the MTC!  It was a bit stressful, but I love it!

So, here’s the play-by-play!

 1.  I got dropped off.
2.  A sister helped me with my bags.
3.  I had to walk through a random building all by myself while the Sister took my stuff somewhere.
4.  I got my badge and all that fun stuff.
5.  I met the Sister at the other end of the building and we took my bags to my room.
6.  The Sister took me to my classroom and we said goodbye, probably forever.
7.  I met my district (they’re great).
8.  I met my companions (I love them).
9. I went to the welcome meeting.
10.  DINNER
11.  Workshops with investigators.
12.  Met my Zone? (Yeah? Zone?)
13.  Back in my room with my roommates.  J

Everything was non-stop go from the time I got dropped of ‘till now.  It’s almost 10:00 pm.

So, my district, there are 5 Sisters and 8 Elders.  All the sisters are going to the Michigan Detroit mission and the Elders are going to the Tempi Arizona mission!  One of the Elders, Elder Bronson, is related to the Sheffields!  Small world!

My companions are great!  I have two!  Sister Lundgren from Sandy, Utah who is one of the girls who I met through facebook!  Only problem is that I want to call her Emma because that’s her name.  My other companion is Sister Bailey.  She is originally from Gauna but moved to Arkansas when she was 5.  She is amazing.  In our workshop with the “investigators” she spoke a bit and it was so wonderful.  She’s awesome.  AND! She knows Camille!  They were in the same FHE group.

I saw so many people today!

-Spencer Glancy
-Dillon Petrovich when I got dropped off
-Camille at dinner
-Tyler Hook at dinner
-A kid from one of my classes (at BYUI) at dinner
-And Colby at dinner

Embarrassing story time.  Already?  I know.  I saw Colby and got excited and may have yelled a little bit.  The couple I was standing next to said “don’t get too crazy”.  I thought because I had my tray of dirty dishes.  Nope.  They said “you’re standing next to the mission presidents”.  Yup.  So bad.

Anyway the other companionship in our room is great!  They’re from Utah and Idaho.  I don’t remember their names and I won’t ask ‘cause I don’t want to seem rude.

Well, I need to unpack and get ready for tomorrow and fro bed.  Love you guys!

Sister Heywood J

3 comments:

  1. This made me laugh and cry at the same time! I miss you so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way!! I feel like I should know this sweet Carly girl with the comment before mine, what with all the beautiful mutual friends we have. Miss you Emma. I'm so proud of you already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Carly!!! I could totally hear her saying this when I was reading it.

    ReplyDelete