Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Just Keep Swimming


So, this week was hard. Sister Sherrow and I both got sick and had to stay home one day. We still can't find anyone new to teach. We had our fireside last night and I think like 7-10 people from our ward showed up and all without non-members. There were 2 investigators from other wards, so as you can imagine we were pretty upset. I haven't broken down yet out here, but last night I did. We have worked so hard. BUT I know the Lord is proud. I know that I am here for a reason. I know the Lord loves me. And although we aren't having the success we want we are still seeing miracles. Little ones, but a miracles a miracle, no matter how small.

I've learned that "it's better to look up." 


Or as Dori the fish says "just keep swimming." 

We finally helped our investigator Chris understand that he has to come to church and he came to church. He didn't really enjoy it and we're not sure we're going to continue teaching him. That may sound sad, but I feel relived. I feel we need to let him go. He just isn't prepared and ready at this time, but I know he will be in the future. 

Our other investigator Heidi finally opened up to us. We don't know how. We've been praying for it to happen and it just happened. We sat down and she just started talking. We didn't even have to ask questions! It was crazy! So,yeah. That happened. Now we know why she doesn't want to be baptized yet and how to help her progress to baptism. And not just baptism, but true conversion. 

I will not baptize someone just to baptize them. Sister Sherrow feels the same way. That's why we aren't pushing with Chris. We want converts, not baptism numbers.

So, for the reading. One thing really stuck out to me and I won't talk much about it. The great and abominable church. It's the church of the devil. It doesn't have a building or a congregation that meets every Sunday, but it is a faith. It's a faith built on temporal things and the desires of man, the natural man. Those who worship cars, money, clothes, etc. Let go of those things. Now, these things ARE important. Obviously we need money and clothes and cars help us get around. We need these things, so we don't need to give them up completely. What we need to avoid with these temporal items is letting our lives be consumed by them. Most all of you know that I LOVE music. I love love love it! BUT I don't let it consume my life. God, Jesus Christ, the gospel and my family are the center of my life. I allow music to be a part of my life. I thank God for music. I thank Him for my clothes and material possessions. Do not become consumed by the world. Be in the world, not of the world.

YOU WILL NOT FIND HAPPINESS IN THE WORLD.

Let me repeat that.

YOU WILL NOT FIND HAPPINESS IN THE WORLD.

Did you get that? 

Good.

This week’s reading is 1 Nephi 16-18.

I love you all.

Love,

Sister Heywood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment