Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"I'm Sorry, But You're Not"

FIRST OFF!
Happy Belated Birthday to my cousin Cooper!
Happy early birthday to my cousins Spencer and Emily!
And happy marriage to my bestie Carly!!!!!!!!

Well, I LOVE MY NEW AREA AND COMPANION!
I'm in Grand Blanc with Sister Watko.

Sister Watko is way cool!
She's from Utah (surprise!)
She's short, like me. :)
She's funny and she laughs at my jokes.
We get along super well!
I just love her.

Grand Blanc is great!
How do I describe it?
It's like farm land...but not.
I like it.
It's right by Flint.

Don't worry guys, I'm safe.
Besides, if anyone tried to attack me, my little man syndrome would probably kick in and I'd tear them to pieces.
#dontmesswithme

Well, you're probably wondering why I gave this e-mail this name.
We knocked on a guys door and this is how the conversation went:
US: "Hello, we are missionaries! We're representatives of Jesus Christ."
GUY: "I'm sorry, but you're not."
US: "What?"
GUY: "You can't save yourselves, only Christ can save you. He died for your sins. You've got to study your scriptures."
US: "Oh yah, we believe all of that."
GUY: "Well you're wrong."
US: "..........................?"
GUY: "Just study your scriptures."

Um, sir, I study my scriptures for 2 hours every morning and sometimes extra.
Plus, we just agreed with you and you said we're wrong, doesn't that make you wrong?
Let's just say his argument was invalid.
We'll go back to see him someday.
He's totally getting baptized.

We call him Beef Jerky, 'cause he was jerky. :)
I love that guy!

I've started giving people nick names.
Well, mostly dogs.
But it's fun :)

We've met some super cool people!

Andrea:
She is going to rehab soon, but will read the Book of Mormon in rehab and call us when she gets out.
She really needed us the day we say her.
I love her!

Laurel:
At first, Laurel was really closed off to us, but we kept talking to her anyway and she started to soften up.
We taught her a little bit about the Restoration.
You could tell she felt the Spirit.
Her eyes watered up a bit.
We prayed with her and then we gave her hugs and that made the tears come.
She was so sweet!
We left her with a card, but I'm praying she'll come to church.
We'll probably go see her again :)
She's going to get baptized:)

I love this area so much!
It has a lot of potential!

We only have 3 investigators and 1 of them I haven't met yet.
The area isn't very alive, but we're going to pick it up.
I know we can do it.

I don't think missionaries that were here in the past knew the potential or had faith to achieve that potential.
That's going to change and I'm excited!

I love you all!
And thanks for the birthday wishes!
I had a good birthday :)
How could I not?!
I'm a servant of the Lord.
I'm preaching the truth!

THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Sister Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment