Friday, April 4, 2014

That Was Delicious! I'll Have Another!

So this week was way sweet! 
We had an amazing miracle!!!!!!

Sister Frost and I set a goal to have 4 new investigators.
Well, then President Gerber challenged everyone to find 5 new investigators this week.
That's hard to do.
Especially on Hill Street.
BUT Sister Frost and I decided we were going to do it.
No matter what it took, we were going to find 5 new investigators.

Well, from the get go it looked like everything was going to work out.
We had it set up for us to get 5 new investigators :)
We had 4 by Thursday.
Just one more.
JUST ONE MORE!
We thought we had it in the bank!
We had an appointment set up with someone for Friday and they would become a new investigator.
She forgot and didn't show up.
We rescheduled for Saturday.
We were going to get 5 new investigators!

Well...our rescheduled appointment was early, and she didn't wake up.

We were pretty bummed!
We were going to get 5 new investigators easy, we thought.
Then we only had Sunday to find 1 more new investigator.
I fasted and prayed for just one more.
I wanted one so bad!

We even went contacting before church in hopes we'd find someone.
We didn't.

I started to think that maybe we wouldn't reach our goal.
I thought, "you know, if we didn't have that goal, we wouldn't have worked that hard."

Part of me also thought that maybe we didn't work hard enough.
I was sick and had to rest a lot.
I pushed that thought out my mind fast though, because the Lord assured me that I worked to the best of my ability this week.

So, we were pretty bummed we didn't find anyone before church.
I wasn't sure we would have time after church either.
(Church is at 1 so everything is weird with the time.)

We had an appointment set up at 4 with Henry.
Well guess what.
HENRY BROUGHT A FRIEND WITH HIM!!!!!

HEAVENLY FATHER PRACTICALLY PLACED A NEW INVESTIGATOR IN OUR LAPS!!!!!

The lesson went really well.
They accepted baptismal dates for May 3 :)
Earlier in the week we had two other investigators accept baptismal dates for  April 26 :)

Good things are happening here.

Satan kept trying to bum us out, but nothing worked.

You know we also had our investigator Martin drop us.
He's from China and his parents won't let him join the church.
It's sad, but I had a comforting feeling that everything will be ok.
We get to see Martin one more time this week, so we'll figure everything out.

Now, just because all this happened, it didn't mean that this week was easy.
It was still hard.
Really hard.
BUT it was worth it.

I cannot wait for the miracles that God has in store for us this week.

I've felt that way about my whole mission.
It's been way rough, but beyond worth it. :)

I love being a missionary!

This church is true.
I know it.
I know that the Book of Mormon is true.
1 Nephi 1:3

I love you all!
Have a great week :)

Love,
Sister Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment