Tuesday, April 8, 2014

It's All Down Hill From Hill Street

So yah, I hit 10 months a couple days ago.
2 of my favorite people are going home.
And I'm getting transferred. 
It's really started to hit my that I'm nearing the end of my mission.
I'm on the down hill now!

Well goodbye Hill Street.
You've been so good to me.
BUT I won't miss all the cookies.
I'm getting fat.
I've named my belly Laquanda.
I might write a song about it.

Anyway, I've had some really good times here!
Did I ever tell you about the guy that asked:
"HAVE YOU HEARD OF FLESH EATING BACTERIA?"
Yes, he yelled it.
Yes, he's from India, so re-read that in and Indian accent.

Or did I tell you about the guy that wore shorts in the cold and told me that he doesn't get cold because his man parts are really big?

Or what about the time someone told me that Mormons eat children for breakfast.
(I'll clear this up for you....Mormons don't eat children, or drink their blood.)

Maybe I told you about the mice, the awkward looks people give me when I say hi, or the guy I had this conversation with:
Me-"Hey can we walk with you."
Guy-"Uh sure...."
Me-"Do you go to school here."
Guy-"Yes..."
Me-"What do you study?"
Guy-"I study a lot of things, but right now I'm studying an awkward situation."

He was a cool guy!

Let's see...what else.
Mice, bugs in my mac and cheese, bugs in my flour, gross water that I have to boil so I don't get sick. 
All good times.

I just love Hill Street :)
I love U of M and I think I will buy U of M stuff for the rest of my life.

I love all of my investigators.
I'm sad to leave them because they're all starting to progress so well!
The work has really picked up and I'm sad to leave, but the Lord needs me somewhere else.
I trust that the Lord will put the right Sisters here to take care of those I love.

I know this church is true.
I know it with all my heart.

That testimony was solidified when I watched General Conference.
Who watched it?
It was awesome wasn't it!
I LOVED IT!!!!

Thomas S. Monson is called of God.
He is a true prophet.
I know that the Apostles have also been divinely called.

So, it's my 20th birthday on Thursday the 10th.
I have a birthday wish for you all!
Write your favorite scripture on a piece of paper and take a picture with it.
THEN tell me in the email or letter (however you send it) why it's your favorite scripture :)
If I don't know you or you're a member or non-member, it doesn't matter.
If you're reading this, I want to know your favorite scripture.

Here, I did one too:


D&C 6:36 is one of my favorites.
Why? 
It's short and simple and if we look to God, then there is no room for fear or doubt.


I love you all!
Love,
Sister Heywood
 

No comments:

Post a Comment