Saturday, October 11, 2014

Riverview

So, my new area is Riverview and my new companion is Sister Gervacio!
I LOVE IT HERE!

One of Sister Gervacio's cousins was one of my FHE brothers at BYU-I.
What a small world.

Sister Gervacio and I work really well together.
We've been able to help each other work through some things and it's been really good for our companionship.
The first few nights together we would just talk and help each other.
It was really therapeutic.
We both really need each other this transfer.

Oh boy was this week good.
I got an awesome new area and companion.
We got to meet Elder Cardon of the Seventy.
There was an I'm a Mormon Devotional.
AND we met CHRIS!!!

Chris is amazing.
He referred himself to the missionaries online.
Normally, media referrals are totally bogus and don't work out (at least that's been my experience).
BUT Chris has been prepared.
He investigated in his teens, but his dad was a die hard Catholic who would have never let him get baptized.
Chris has an uncle who is deceased, but was a member of the church.
Chris has felt lost, like something is missing.
He asked God for help and direction.
God sent him several dreams of his uncle and then led him to Mormon.org.
We've taught Chris 2 times now.
He came to church and is preparing for baptism on October 25.
God sent us a miracle.
I cannot thank Him enough.
I'm so proud of my brother Chris who is taking the right steps to receive exaltation.

I love you all so much!
Have a blessed week!
Don't forget
D&C 6:36

Love,
Sister Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment