Friday, September 6, 2013


Well, this week was pretty darn good! 

Except yesterday, I was so mad I couldn't e-mail! The libraries were all closed. :( 

-We taught Bryce, and Sister Jibson came! He said he was going to come to church and didn't. We were pretty bummed, but guess what! He's got a baptismal date! YAY!!! I'm pretty stoked :) 

-We ate with the Broderick family last night for dinner. Guess what we had.
Go on guess.
FAJITAS!!!!
MEXICAN FOOD!!!!
I just about died. 
Sister Broderick is from Texas, so it was super good.
Homemade tortillas and beans. 
Heaven! 

-Sister Sherrow got mad at someone for not using their blinker.
Here are her words.
"Use your blinker! You need to communicate! Your marriage is probably failing!"
It was pretty funny. 
She says funny things when she's mad. 

-Yesterday for P-day we played ping-pong and pool. 
Basically I'm a professional at both. 
No biggie. 

So, remember when I told you I played basketball? 
Here's a picture from Sister Hoskisson :)
 
I'm the short one who is dressed like an elf at Christmas time.
No shame.
I like that outfit.
And I can't help I'm short. 
It's my parents fault. 
I got jipped.
Just kidding! 
 
Love you Mom and Dad! 

Well, I don't have much else to say! 

Scripture study time? 
I think yes! 

We read Jacob 3 and 4 right?  

Super good right? 
Jacob is awesome! He is so bold! 
He tells the Nephites...Uh, get your act together! The Lamanites are better than you are! 
So cool! 
He does not mince words. 

Chapter 3: 

1 But behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction.
 2 O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever.
 3 But, wo, wo, unto you that are not pure in heart, that are filthy this day before God; for except ye repent the land is cursed for your sakes; and the Lamanites, which are not filthy like unto you, nevertheless they are cursed with a sore cursing, shall scourge you even unto destruction.
4 And the time speedily cometh, that except ye repent they shall possess the land of your inheritance, and the Lord God will lead away the righteous out from among you.
The Nephites were the "good" people. Or, were supposed to be and they thought they were because they hadn't been punished like the Lamanites. Don't fall into that trap. Just because you're a Christian doesn't mean that you are automatically a good person. Don't say you're a Christian. Be a Christian.
And not that people who aren't Christian are bad people. I'm not saying that.
The next thing I liked was in Chapter 4:
7 Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things. 

We are given weaknesses.  We need weakness in order to be humble and to grow and learn. You couldn't learn and develop if you didn't work on turning your weaknesses into strengths.
 8 Behold, great and marvelous are the aworks of the Lord. Howbunsearchable are the depths of the cmysteries of him; and it is impossible that man should find out all his ways. And no mandknoweth of his eways save it be revealed unto him; wherefore, brethren, despise not the frevelations of God.
9 For behold, by the power of his aword bman came upon the face of the earth, which earth was ccreated by the power of his word. Wherefore, if God being able to speak and the world was, and to speak and man was created, O then, why not able to command thedearth, or the workmanship of his hands upon the face of it, according to his will and pleasure?
10 Wherefore, brethren, seek not to acounsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in bwisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works.
11 Wherefore, beloved brethren, be areconciled unto him through the batonement of Christ, his cOnly Begotten Son, and ye may obtain a dresurrection, according to the epower of the resurrection which is in Christ, and be presented as the ffirst-fruits of Christ unto God, having faith, and obtained a good hope of glory in him before he manifesteth himself in the flesh. 

So good!!! The rest is good too!
18 Behold, my beloved brethren, I will unfold this mystery unto you; if I do not, by any means, get shaken from my firmness in the Spirit, and stumble because of my over anxiety for you. 

I love Jacob!

I love you all and thank you for your support!

Love,

Sister Heywood

PS  Transfer calls come this week!  

PSS  I swear...I always forget things.

 

3 MONTHS ON THURSDAY! HOLLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment