Monday, September 23, 2013

The District


Hello! Hello!
 
How is everyone? 

I'm doing great!
I love it here in Farmington. 

This week we got 3 new investigators!
One was a member referral, one was a former and the other we found knocking.
We feel really good about all of them.
Thank you to the Lord for guiding us to them! 

I just got back from a district activity.
My arms are super sore from playing volley ball, but it's all good.
We still had fun. 

Let me tell you who is in my district. 

Sister Aughenbaugh: She's from Hawaii.
Sister Monefukai: I don't think I spelled her name right.
Sister Hartley: Canadian.
Elder Hart: His brother served in the San Fernando mission!
Elder Smith: Plays the piano.
Elder Dymov: He's from Russia.
Elder Spencer: He's afraid of bugs.
Elder Cormier: His name doesn't sound like it's spelled. 

That's it! They're awesome! 

Our ward here is great!
We've gotten 7 referrals, six of which were from members!
AND they all have friends that they want to invite to have dinner with us.
We just have to help the members actually invite the people.
How cool is that?! 

Let's see, what else exciting happened this week? 

-We had three bees in our apartment. How they got there, we don't know.
Sister Taylor killed one with a snow shovel. 

-I spilled ketchup and nacho cheese on my skirt at zone meeting.
Cute, I know. 

-We accidentally got on the freeway to Lansing.
Don't worry, we got off at the 1st exit. 

I think some other things have happened, but I can't really remember.
I should probably write everything down so I can remember to tell you all. 

I'm so sorry I didn't give a scripture reading assignment!
I TOTALLY FORGOT.
Oh well, I'll give one this week :) 

Here's my favorite scripture for ya! 

2 Nephi 26:24 

 24 He doeth not aanything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he bloveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw call men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation. 

He doeth not aanything save it be for the benefit of [Sister Heywood]; for he bloveth [Sister Heywood], even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw [Sister Heywood] unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation. 

He doeth not aanything save it be for the benefit of [your name]; for he bloveth [your name], even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw [your name] unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation. 

Cool huh? 

I love that. 

Now, I want to extend an invitation to all of you. 

Give The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints a chance.
Meet with the missionaries.
I promise you that you will find even more joy and happiness than you have ever felt or than you can ever feel without this gospel. 

http://mormon.org/missionaries <--- Go to that website and request a visit from the missionaries. They will be kind. They will be fun.
They will not take away from anything you believe.
They will only add to the truths you already know and hold dear to your heart. 

Will you do this please?

And shoot me an e-mail if you do. 

For those of you who are already members,
I invite you to invite.
Have someone over for dinner.
Do it.
It's easy.
I promise.
Practice inviting someone if it really terrifies you. 

I know this church is true with all my heart.
It is the one and only true church on the earth.
How do I know this?
I have read the Book of Mormon.
I have prayed about the Book of Mormon and God told me it is true.
I have felt it in my heart.

I'm 19 years old.
I could be at school, living life, hanging out with friends, working, playing, having a good time.
What am I doing?
I'm serving the Lord 24 hours.
I'm not getting paid for it.
Why am I doing this?
Because I know this is true.
I know this is the only way to eternal life (to live with God and be like God).
I want to bring all of my brothers and sister home with me. 

I love you all!

Have a great week!

Love,

Sister Heywood

 

PS
Read up on the Plan of Salvation: 




Reading assignment: 


No comments:

Post a Comment