Monday, September 9, 2013

Transfer Time!


Want to know something?

People refer to Ann Arbor as A2
I was always like 
"A squared? What the heck does that mean?"
Ann Arbor. Two A's. 
Haha, yup. I'm smart.

And there's an ice skating rink called the Ice Cube.
 
The sign says A2 Ice3. I just figured out what that meant yesterday.
I've been here for 3 months.

Oh yah! 
I've been out for 3 months?
WHAT?!
Crazy. 
Crazy, crazy, crazy!
So crazy.

Well, what the heck happened this week?
Let me tell ya!

-Exchanges!
I got to go on exchanges with Sister Tuitelle in Walled Lake. 
It was awesome! 

-We got a new chair!
It's big and it was on the side of the road across from our apartment. 
I made Sister Sherrow cross the street and go get it haha.
It was super funny and I got lots of pictures.






 
 
 
We almost got a second chair that same day, but it had a spider on it so we decided just to leave it on the side of the road.

 
 
 
 
 
-I'm getting transferred! 
And get this. 
SO IS SISTER SHERROW! 

I think they're white washing with Elders.
Why? I don't know. The Lord does and that's ok!

We were running around saying bye yesterday.
Some tears were shed. 
Lots of pictures were taken and the same thing will be happening today.


 
 
 

          Quinn
          Family 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     Sister Soderborg
                  &
       Emmy the Dog
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
               Mitchell
                Family 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                Priddis
                Family 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
         Nielson
          Family
(minus Bro. Neilson)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                Bennett
                 Family
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     de Schweinitz
          Family
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
        Bishop Jibson &
               Family
(Note the adorable 16 year old boy.  One of many, I'm sure, that Emma will be picking out to be Abby's future husband)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
                                Andrea
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Transfer meeting is tomorrow. 
That's when I'll find out where I'm going and who my new companion is.

So yah, don't send me mail if you're planning on it. Wait 'till I get my new address, or send it to the mission home address. :)

Sadly, things were just starting to pick up here in Ann Arbor. 
People haven't really been home.
We will spend 2-3 hours, maybe more, knocking on doors.

Members, less-actives, non-members and NO ANSWERS.

I guess that's what happens in a college town during the summer.
All these young families want to go on vacation.

So I'm kind of sad, but super excited!
New place, new families, new adventures.

I love being a missionary! 

Study time!
So this week was Jacob 5 right? Sweet! 
I love this chapter! 
The allegory of the olive tree.
Honestly I don't really understand this chapter.
It always confuses me, BUT let me tell you what I love about it!

It says that the Lord grieveth to lose any of His trees. 
Heavenly Father doesn't want to lose any of us. He wants all of us home.

When the trees are bad the Lord asks "what more could I have done?" 
Heavenly Father loves us so much. He is literally our father.

When we don't do what we are supposed to I imagine He weeps and wonders what more He could have done for us, because again, He wants all of us home. 

It's like our own parents here on earth. If your child goes astray or does something wrong or doesn't live up to their full potential don't you wonder what you could have done more to steer your child in the right direction? It may not even be that you didn't teach them the right things. They just made a bad choice because they have their agency.  

This is how Heavenly Father feels. 

Another thing that sticks out to me in this is that we are NEVER alone. 

Does the Lord of the vineyard ever tell his servants to go do this or go do that, and then just sit there and wait for them to return and report?
NO.
He works with his servants.
Heavenly Father is constantly working by our side.

I'm a missionary (I know you forgot) and I am not alone in the work.
We're all missionaries (I know you forgot that too) and we are not alone in the work.

Yes, I have a companion, but more important is the companionship of God and the Holy Ghost.

I cannot do this without God.
You cannot do this without God.
We cannot do anything without God.
WE ARE NEVER ALONE!

Well, I love you all so much!

Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Sister Heywood

PS
Read this talk: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2006/04/broken-things-to-mend?lang=eng

Chapters for scripture study:

Jacob 7:http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/jacob/7?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment