Sunday, August 24, 2014

Missions Are Full of Contradictions and Water

So Detroit flooded.
Transfers were cancelled because of it.
I think we hit record breaking rain fall or something.
That's appropriate I guess since we had record breaking snow fall too. :)
I still need a shirt that says:
"I survived the Polar Vortex 2013"

Well, we've got a lot of good things happening and a lot of bad things happening.
That's how missions go.
We can't get a hold of investigators, but the ones we can are doing great!

Mike is going to quit smoking.
Michel is going to get baptized on September 7th :)

We have a less active who's been progressing so well.
She loves the gospel.
Her husband hasn't been so sure that he likes the church.
This week, he officially decided that he wants nothing to do with the church.
Robyn decided to support her husband 100% and walk away from the church with him.
I don't know that I have ever been so heartbroken.
I love them both so much.
It pains me to see them make this decision, but I've done all I can and now they need the chance to use their agency.

Being a missionary really stinks, but it's the BEST TIME OF MY LIFE!
I've never been so tired but have had so much energy.
I've never been so sad, but so incredibly full of joy.
I've never been in so much pain or felt so much healing.
I've never cried harder, and I've never smiled more.
I've never so badly wanted to scream.
I've never so badly wanted to laugh.
I've never wanted to hug so many people.
I've never wanted to punch so many people.
I want to sit, but I want to run.
I want to curse and I want to sing praises.
I want to yell at God and I want to thank Him.
This is the hardest thing I've ever done, but I've never done anything better.
I want time to go quickly, but I want to hang onto every second.
I'm almost finished, but I'm still in the middle of my mission.
Life is ugly and and oh so beautiful.
I want to quit, but I want to finish (and don't worry, I will finish).
Missions are full of beautiful contradictions.
It's a miracle that God lets us come out here.
All us missionaries are still a bunch of snot nosed kids, but we're representatives of Jesus Christ.
That is a miracle :)

I love you all.
Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment