Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Brother's Influence

Can I just tell you how much I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
God has made it possible for all of us to come back to Him some day.
All we need to do is have faith, repent, be baptized, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end.
This doesn't mean that we have to be perfect, it just means that we when we mess up, we have the faith enough to repent.
When we break our covenants, we have the faith to repent and renew our covenants on Sundays when we take the sacrament.
Enduring to the end doesn't mean being perfect, it means that when we fall or mess up, we keep on going.

This week we had a great miracle.
We went to Gavin's house to teach him about faith.
We prayed that we could have an opportunity to teach his sister Kiara.
We've been wanting to teach her for a really long time.
I almost chickened out of asking her to join us, but God set up a perfect opportunity for me to get what I asked for and so I invited her over.
She joined us!
She listened!
She loved it!
She accepted an invitation to meet with us.
We've seen her a couple times already and we're seeing her again at a member's house for dinner.
She is so excited and so prepared.

Gavin's influence has been really great on his brother and sisters.
I hope that we can eventually teach all of them.

I've been thinking a lot about another brother's influence.
Our big brother Jesus Christ.
If we all followed His example, the world would be a much happier place.

I've seen how Gavin's influence on his sister has made both of them so happy.
It's the same with us and Christ.
Follow Him.
Walk with Him.
I promise you happiness beyond belief.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is truly Christ's church on the Earth.
Christ is the Savior of the world.

I love you all!
Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment