Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Michigan Mist


Michigan fact: 

It rains a lot.
Sometimes we just get what Elder Cormier calls the "Michigan mist".
Basically what that feels like is being constantly sprayed with a squirt bottle and you don't realize your wet until you inside.
If you've ever sat front row at the World of Color at Disney Land then you know what I'm talking about. 

Anyway. This was a pretty delightful week.

We have 2 progressing investigators!
What?! 

That hasn't really happened to me yet, so I'm pretty excited. 

My last area was tough and not much was happening.
In this area so much more is happening.
But Sister Taylor is used to a lot happening so to her it doesn't feel like much is happening. 

A couple things happened this week that would have put me down if I had let them. 

We tried to have a movie night showing the Restoration movie.
No one showed up.
That's ok.
It was a trial run.
We'll try again in a couple weeks. 

We went to see a new investigator, but she wasn't there for her return appointment.
When we went to check up on her a second time during the week she wouldn't come to the door even though her son tried to get her there and I think she was angry.
Her husband was too. He yelled at us to "GO AWAY."
Ok. Rude. But you're a son of God, so I love you.
We didn't see anyone but the son.
We just heard angry voices.
We left a Book of Mormon anyway and the son apologized.

That's ok.
They just aren't ready yet, but one day they will be. 

Yes those things could have been disappointing, but I didn't allow myself to be disappointed.
We gave people chances to receive eternal life and they denied it.
I can only hope and pray that they'll find the way and love them to death forever. :) 

The only thing that was truly disappointing this week was the chocolate dipped cone I bought at Dairy Queen.
Seriously.
I probably complained about it for 10 minutes.
Sorry Sister Taylor. 

Today we're going to a cider mill! I'm so stoked! 

We had interviews with President Gerber this week.
He is so stinkin' cool!

I hope you all watched General Conference.
IT WAS AMAZING!!!! 

If you didn't see it, go here:

Last October they announced the age change.
I was at college.
I didn't know what I was going to do.
I was about to be 19.
Should I serve a mission?
I wasn't really planning on it before.
And here I am a year later watching conference as a missionary.
Cool.
(By the way, I've been a missionary for 4 months. What?) 

People talked a lot about strengthening ourselves and hastening the work.

The biggest thing that struck me was that the Lord is hastening the work.
That's why we had the age change.
That's why they're pushing member missionary work harder than before. 

The Lord isn't the only one hastening the work.
The adversary is hastening his too.
We need to work harder than ever before and be more righteous and faithful than ever before or the adversary will destroy us. 

Please put on the armor of God and defend yourself.
Also, help others put on the armor of God so they can defend themselves as well. 

I love you all!
Have a wonderful week!
 

Love,

Sister Heywood
 

PS. I forgot to give a reading assignment last week. Sorry. Here's this weeks. :)

 
Here's me and my lovely companion, Sister Taylor!
 
 
My District (left to right):
Me (obviously)Sister Hartley, Sister Taylor, Sister Manefukai, Sister Aughenbaugh, Elder Dymov, Elder Hart and Elder Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment