Monday, November 10, 2014

I'm Dying in Riverview

In missionary life we call entering the mission field being born.
When we go home, we die.
Our first area is our birthplace and our trainer is our mom or dad.
Our last area is our death place and our last companion kills us :)

So, my birthplace is Ann Arbor, and my mom is Sister Sherrow.
I will die here in Riverview, and who will kill me?
I don't know.
I'll tell you next week :)

Yes, Sister Gervacio is leaving.
She is the only one in the district leaving, as a matter of fact.
Here are some of the boss pictures we took yesterday.





Aren't those just wonderful :)
 
Anyway, so this week was good.
We did a lot of knocking.
Like a lot.
I have a bump on my knuckle that is turning into a callous.
 
We didn't find anyone knocking.
But guess what?!
The Lord blessed us for our efforts and He gave us 3 new investigators.
All of them are family members of our recent converts.
This all happened in 1 night, like in a matter of  2 1/2 hours.
How awesome is that?!
I know that God is good and that He is aware of us.
 
At Chris's his son and his son's girlfriend sat in.
They became new investigators.
Chris was so excited.
He was on FIRE!
He taught the whole Restoration and Plan of Salvation, basically on his own.
All we did was testify of what he taught.
It was great :)
 
Then we saw Sarah and committed her dad to start reading the Book of Mormon.
I asked him a while ago if he wanted to read it and he wasn't ready.
Well, he usually sits in on the lessons.
2 lessons ago, I felt impressed to share how I decided to come on a mission.
I shared my testimony of how I know the Church is true.
I could tell that it softened his heart.
He even took his hat off for the prayer and stopped playing on his phone, which never happens.
This last lesson we had with them he did the same thing as we prayed.
Well, I call him Dad.
So, at the end of the lesson I sad, "hey Dad! Will you read the Book of Mormon"?
He downloaded the gospel library app and said that he would read. :)
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited.
He is really skeptical about a lot of things, but the Book of Mormon answers the questions of the soul, so that will all be cleared up in no time.
 
Another miracle:
CHRIS GOT THE PRIESTHOOD :)
He is so awesome.
 
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the best thing ever!

I love you all and hope you have a blessed week.

 Love,
Sister Heywood
 
D&C 6:36

No comments:

Post a Comment