Sunday, November 23, 2014

Prepare Yourself For A Waterfall of Tears!

So lots of miracles.
Lots of wonderful people.
Lots of smiles.
Lots of tears.
Lots of prayers.
That was this week.
Prepare yourselves for a great email. :)

1: Bill
A fisher at the pier.
He takes care of his sick wife and loves her so much that he won't put her in a home.
He helps and loves EVERYONE.
He didn't used to be this good he says, but he changed and now he's everyone's friend :)

2: David
He can't read because he's an older gentleman and he's losing his sight.
He said he would love for us to come and read the Book of Mormon because he loves reading about is beloved Savior Jesus Christ.

3: James
I've seen James sitting on the curb almost every time we go to Chris's.
The Spirit has said several times to pull over and talk to him.
I've been too afraid to because it's always dark and I don't want to scare him and I want to be safe too.
This time as we were driving out of the complex, I saw him.
Now, I should also tell you, we didn't go to see Chris.
We went to see a less active who lives in the same place, and she wasn't there.
We went right after dinner and I kind of didn't want to go out because I knew the less active wouldn't be there.
We went anyway and I'm so glad we did.
I almost passed James for the 100th time, but I didn't.
I made a U-turn.
Parked the car and told Sister Riggs to pray for safety.
She did and got out.
We talked to James.
He wants to get baptized.
Before he does though, he wants to quit smoking.
We told him, we could help him with both of those things.
We taught a quick, spirit led lesson.
Sister Riggs prayed at the end.
She had faith that we would be safe after she asked for safety in the car.
I on the other hand did not.
I kept my eyes open during the prayer just to be "safe".
I regretted that.
Why?
Because the Spirit came in so strong and when James looked up at the end of the prayer, he had tears streaming down his face.
I never want to forget such a beautiful sight.
We all started crying.
We left our card and walked away and sobbed for the next hour and a half.
We later pulled over and thanked God for such a miracle, then headed to our next appointment.

4. Lamar
We were trying to find a member in the ward, but didn't have the apartment number.
So what did we do?
We knocked on every door. :)
No one answered until the last door.
We almost didn't knock the other side with that last door, but the Spirit said to.
We didn't find the family, we found Lamar.
He remembers seeing the Elders on their bikes and chasing them on his bike when he was a kid in Detroit.
He was so excited to hear that we are from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
We're going back to teach him this week :)

5. Bro. Rennie
The Rennie family is less active, but Brother Rennie came to church all by himself this week :)

6. Jordan
This is Sarah's boyfriend and we invited him to church and he came!

7. Haili
She's taking a religion class and wants to meet with us to learn more.
I think she'll come to know that the Church is true, even though that isn't her purpose in meeting with us.

So many miracles.
I'm grateful for each one of them.

I love you all!
Have a great week!

2 Nephi 25:26
"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."

Love,
Sister Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment