Monday, December 9, 2013

Tearin' It Up in Walled Lake

So, last week was my parent's anniversary!
Happy Anniversary!
I LOVE YOU MOMMY AND DADDY!!!!
I'm so glad you're still in love!
 
Well, I love my new area!
Walled Lake is awesome!
 
Want to know something cool?
Walled Lake is where I spent my first night in the mission field.
Sister Bailey was with me then and we were companions in the MTC!
Now we're back where we started together and it's been awesome so far!
We've been able to teach some people that the missionarie have been trying to teach for 2 years and that haven't been able to be taught.
 
A less active family came to church and stayed for all three hours.
They NEVER stay all three hours.
 
The Lord is just putting things in our path.
We're working hard and being obedient and things are just happening.
It's awesome!

The ward here is great.
I love it!
 
Bishop is awesome and is super pumped about missionary work.
The whole ward is.
 
So, funny story about Bishop.
He kept saying my name wrong.
He kept calling me Sister Heyword.
He even called me Sister Heymeyer once. Haha.
In sacrament meeting he announced my name and said Heyword.
He realized he got it wrong and I corrected him.
Then he said Heyword again and the whole congregation laughed.
 
When I bore my testimony I quickly explained how to say Heywood.
Hey, like hey how ya' doin'.
And wood, like the stuff you burn.
Well, the ward got a kick out of that and they like me already.
So, that's good haha!
 
I am so grateful to be a missionary!
 
I know that this church is true.
I know it with all my heart.
If you're not sure, pray about it.
Study it out.
Ask God.
He WILL answer you.
Promise.
 
I love you all!
 
Love,
Sister Heywood
 
Alma 8:30-32
30 And Alma went forth, and also Amulek, among the people, to declare the words of God unto them; and they were filled with the Holy Ghost.
31 And they had apower given unto them, insomuch that they could not be confined in dungeons; neither was it possible that any man could slay them; nevertheless they did not exercise their bpower until they were bound in bands and cast into prison. Now, this was done that the Lord might show forth his power in them.
32 And it came to pass that they went forth and began to preach and to prophesy unto the people, according to the spirit and power which the Lord had given them.
 
The Lord protects us when we defend a righteous cause.
NO ONE will stop His work from being finished.
The Lord's church WILL cover the earth.
 
Alma 10:http://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm/alma/10

No comments:

Post a Comment