Monday, December 2, 2013

It's Been Real Farmington Hills

Michigan Fact:
It's cold.
Have I told you that before?
 
Shout out to Rachel Wilson for getting her call!
I'm proud of you sista!
 
Well guess what.
I'm getting transferred.
Tomorrow I tell Farmington Hills goodbye and go somewhere new.
I have to leave Sister Taylor and get a new companion.
Where?
Where the Lord needs me?
Who with?
Who the Lord chooses.

I'm sad to leave Farmington Hills.
I love this place to death, but I knew I would have to leave some time.
We've got 10 investigators and things are just getting started!
The work is picking up a lot and I'm leaving.
Though I'm sad, I'm excited for change.
It'll be good! I know it!
 
Time flies out on a mission.
I swear I just got to the MTC yesterday, but that was 6 months ago.
Nuts!
 
I have grown a lot here in Farmington Hills.
When I was in my first area I would make my companion knock on the doors and ring the doorbells.
Now I get up there and knock.
I knock loud and proud, and sometimes I do so 2 or 3 times.
 
I'm getting better at leaving lessons up to the Lord.

My studies are better.
I'm actually learning things instead of reading things.
I'm studying and pondering instead of going through the motions.
 
I keep a study journal now organized by topics.
What?
That's not me.
Well, it wasn't.
Now it is. :)

I feel more like the missionary I knew I could be.
I feel more like the missionary the Lord needs me to be.
 
Ok, so what happened this week?
Thanksgiving did. :)
We prepared a super cool Thanksgiving message with scriptures and a song.
We walked door to door with the ukulele and looking super cute.
 
Everyone let us in!
Just kidding.
I wish everyone let us in.
One person did.

Some people said yes at first and when we said "yah it'll be a song and a scripture," they said "oh actually, we're busy."
Right.
 
Monday night we went to a non-denominational Thanksgiving service for Farmington Hills.
It was awesome!
Different church leaders spoke and we sang songs and visited.
It was awesome!
Everyone thought we were nuns and asked what order we're in.
I didn't think I looked like a nun.
Oh well.
 
We also had a great Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday with a ton of families at the church.
It was awesome!
 
We found 4 investigators this week.
We're pretty stoked about them.
They're awesome!
 
Well, in the heart of Thanksgiving, watch this video. :)
 
I want to share an experience I had with thanking God.
A few days ago I woke up.
I was really troubled by something totally stupid.
I was crying when Sister Taylor couldn't see my face and holding back tears when she could.
I couldn't control my emotions.
I couldn't get these worries out of my head.
I went to the stress books we've been given and evaluated my stress.
I realized I was having a stress emergency and I wasn't responding well to it at all.
One of the suggestions to deal with such situations was to kneel down and thank God for 5 specific things.
I thought "uh that's not even related to my problem. That won't help me."
Well, I did it any way.
When I was done praying, my burden was completely gone.
I wasn't freaking out.
My worries left me.
It was a miracle.
 
In Sunday School yesterday we learned that people who thank God often and are grateful for everything are healthier physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, so BE GRATEFUL!!!
I am grateful for this gospel. I know it's true.
I'm grateful for my family and I know that we will be together for ever.
I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon and I know that it is true.
I am grateful for Joseph Smith and I know that he is a prophet of God and that he restored Christ's church.
 
I love you all!

Love,
Sister Heywood
 
Alma 5:37-38
37 O ye workers of iniquity; ye that are apuffed up in the vain things of the world, ye that have professed to have known the ways of righteousness nevertheless have gone bastray, as csheep having no dshepherd, notwithstanding a shepherd hath ecalled after you and is still calling after you, but ye will not fhearken unto his voice! 38 Behold, I say unto you, that the good ashepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ; and if ye will not bhearken unto the voice of the cgood shepherd, to the dname by which ye are called, behold, ye are not the sheep of the good shepherd.
 
God is calling for you. His hands are outstretched to you. He LOVES you.
He's calling to everyone, because He loves EVERYONE
 
 

1 comment: