Thursday, December 19, 2013

SNOW!!!

You are all asking for my address.
I thought I said this before, but I guess not.
Send mail to the mission home.
They will send it to me.
When I write back to you my actual address will be on the envelope.
Then you can use that address instead of the mission home address.
We are discouraged from putting our address out publicly.
 
Michigan Fact:
It snows here.
Have I told you that before?
 
Both Sister Bailey and I have never driven in snow until 2 days ago.
 
Don't worry Mom, we're both alive and careful.
 
On Friday we had the ward Christmas party.
Friday was also the day it snowed the hardest.
Remember, this was the first day that we both drove in the snow.
 
Our Bishop was worried about us, so the Elders followed us to our next appointment and stuck around for that then followed us home to make sure that we were safe.
Well, thank goodness they followed us.
We drove off the side of the road and got stuck.
Awesome.
Elder Windor got us out.
 
Haha, I thought it was super funny.
Sister Bailey, not so much.
Come what may and love it!
 
Well, we have a lot of investigators that have been taught for a long time.
None of them have been progressing though.
We are trying to see them all and teach a good solid Restoration lesson so that we can figure out where they are at.
Most of these people never had testimonies.
Well, all of them.
They just like the missionaries.
Which is ok, but if they aren't progressing then no bueno.
 
We're kind of weeding them out.
That's probably bad to say, but if we can't help them to progress, then we'll have to let them go. :(
 
We have had success so far!
We have only been able to meet with three of them so far and we have found their concerns and prayerfully found out how to best help them.
It's been a pretty cool process.
We know their concerns, we have invited them to make commitments, now they just have to keep them.
It's time for them to use their agency.
 
By the way, sometimes I hate agency and wish people didn't have it,
but then I have to remember that I chose this plan.
 
I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary!
I love it!
I have never been so blessed!
 
I am so grateful for this gospel.
I know that it is true.
 
I love you all!
 
Love,
Sister Heywood
 
PS
 
It is a small world!

The relief society president here knows my aunt and uncle Hal and Gaila because they used to watch her kids.
 
AND one of the Cunningham relatives is in my ward!!!
 
Alma 10:10-12
10 And again, I know that the things whereof he hath testified are true; for behold I say unto you, that as the Lord liveth, even so has he sent his aangel to make these things manifest unto me; and this he has done while this Alma hath bdwelt at my house.
11 For behold, he hath ablessed mine house, he hath blessed me, and my women, and my children, and my father and my kinsfolk; yea, even all my kindred hath he blessed, and the blessing of the Lord hath rested upon us according to the words which he spake.
12 And now, when Amulek had spoken these words the people began to be astonished, seeing there was amore than one witness who testified of the things whereof they were accused, and also of the things which were to come, according to the spirit of prophecy which was in them.
 
The people didn't listen to the message until one of their own (aka a member instead of a missionary) spoke to them.
You members who aren't set apart as missionaries have a special ability to touch people that we can't.
Find them.
Bring them to the fold.
Ask the missionaries to help.

We are here to help you with your missionary work, not the other way around.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment