Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hill Street

SO, as you may know, I have been transferred.
I'm on Hill Street with Sister Graham.

We spend a ton of time at the Institute.
The Institute used to be a Fraternity, we're smack dab in the middle of Greek Row (is that how you say it?)
It's interesting.

We spend most of our time out in the cold contacting because that's literally all that we can do.
Although, I do get to use FaceBook.
Ok, about the FaceBook thing.
I'm limited to who I can be friends with and stuff.
I may send Mormon Messages every now and then to random people, but yah.

Anyway, let me tell you about Sister Graham.
We're basically the same person, except she has a million stories about kissing boys and I have none.
It's cool.
We have just been having so much fun!
Seriously, she's great!

It's a little bit weird being in a singles ward, but whatever.
I love it here already!

We teach a lot of Chinese people.
A LOT!!!
There are millions of Asian people here.
They're the best.

One of our new investigators prayed at the end of our first lesson with him.
He said that he could feel God's presence. 
SO COOL!!!
My smile was so huge during that prayer.

The member that came with us is a convert to the church and he's from China and didn't grow up believing in God.
He said that the first time someone like that prays, it's like a big reunion.
I LOVE THAT!!!

Every time we pray it should feel like we're having a reunion with God.

Prayer is so important.
God is ALWAYS listening.
I promise.

I love you all so much!
Love,
Sister Heywood

PS
People stopped sharing what they think about the reading with me, so I'm going to hold off this week and let me know if I should keep doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment