Thursday, January 16, 2014

I'm Getting Kicked Out & Where Am I Now?

I'm Getting Kicked Out

Well, after 6 weeks in Walled Lake, they're kicking me out!
Just kidding. :)
The Lord needs me somewhere else.
I loved this transfer, but am so glad that it is over.
Boy was it a toughie, but there were tons of miracles, so I still loved it! :)
Today we had to get gas before we came over here.
I was cleaning the car and a ton of junk was on my lap, so Sister Bailey had to pump.
She smiled at the nice man at the pump next to us and they started talking.
Sister Bailey taught him a little bit.
He was cool and taught us a little bit about his church.
We prayed with him at the gas station and went on our way. :)
It was pretty cool!
You know, I've prayed in so many random places.
Doors, parks, bus stops, post offices and gas stations.
It's awesome!
At first I thought it was weird, but I remembered that when I pray I'm talking to God.
It isn't weird to talk to God anywhere.
Now it's not weird anymore. :)

I love that we can talk to God.
The coolest thing is that He talks back!
He's my best friend and I need Him so badly.
He always understands, always listens and never judges.
I want to challenge all of you to make your prayers more personal.
Pray more often.
Develop an even greater relationship with God.
Pray, pray, pray!
And then sit and listen, open up the scriptures and God will talk back.
I love you all so much and I hope that you all have a great week!
Love,
Sister Heywood

Where Am I know?

When I was thinking of places that I might like to go I was like "well, I'd really like to go back to Ann Arbor."

Well, guess what.
I'M IN ANN ARBOR!

I'm not in the same ward that I was in before, though.
I am on Hill Street which means I spend all my time at the institute and contacting on the U of M campus.
SO FUN!!!

My new companion is Sister Graham. 
She is so awesome and I'm so stoked to be working with her!

Sorry I haven't sent like any pictures at all.
Lame I know.
I'll send them soon.
I will always have wi-fi at the institute. :)
Something else that will be different is that I have a FaceBook now.
I can't be friends with anyone from home and I have to disable my old account.
So Mom and Dad you don't need to keep that up anymore.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!

Address:

220 Glencoe Hills Dr #12
Ann Arbor, MI 48108

Love,
Sister Heywood
Alma 24:19
 19 And thus we see that, when these Lamanites were brought to abelieve and to know the truth, they were bfirm, and would suffer even unto death rather than commit sin; and thus we see that they buried their weapons of peace, or they buried the weapons of war, for peace.
These people would rather die for their religion than go against promises they made with God.
I don't know about you, but I need to be more like these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment