Saturday, May 10, 2014

Michigan Only Believes in Sidewalks Sometimes

Well, it was the end of the month, and we were low on miles, so we rode bikes.
YAY!
My muscles and butt were sore, which is always fun.

So we went on exchanges on Tuesday and that's the day we rode bikes.
For the first part of the day I was with one of my old companions, SISTER TAYLOR!!!
I love her!
We rode bikes for a week when we were together, so this Tuesday was like old times :)

First we rode down to visit an investigator.

Now, you have to know that I was on an Elder's bike.
It was too big.
I had to either stand or use my tippy toes to ride it.

So, we rode down to the investigators house.
We got lost, couldn't find it and I was on a bike that was too big for me in the rain and then the humidity once it stopped raining.

We decided to knock the street we were by.
We couldn't find a place to lock our bikes, then Sister Taylor's bag broke and I made a makeshift bag with the plastic bags we happened to have in our pockets.

We knocked and had a good time.
Taught some good lessons.
Found some good potentials.

Then we rode home on a bike that was too big and with a broken bag.
BUT we made it home after I rode through a big puddle and got covered in mud.
It was fun!
So, later, a member said she had bikes we could borrow.
We only had two and there were 4 of us, so two more meant we could all ride bikes.
Remember when I said I was on a bike that was too big.
Well, then I borrowed a kid's bike from the member.
It was little and pink and even had a little white basket.
At least people think I'm a child, so I didn't look like an adult on a tiny bike.
IT WAS FUN!

On Wednesday, we found Ronnie!
His wife just died in January.
We told him that he could be with her for eternity and he let us in.
We taught him the Plan of Salvation.
On Saturday, we went back and taught the Restoration.
AND he came to church on Sunday, AND he knows some of the members in our ward :)
He's so cool.
He wanted us to anoint him with the priesthood the first lesson, so he's got a lot to learn, but he's cool :)

Thursday we got to go to the temple and boy did I need it!
I love the temple!

Let's see did I forget anything?
Oh yeah.
I locked us out of our apartment last night.
Yup. That happened.
I left the keys in the apartment and then we locked the door and closed it.
We were stuck in our hallway for 2 1/2 hours.
The Elders even tried to help us break in.
So, yeah.
Fun times.
It's always an adventure when you're with Sister Heywood.

Well, I love you all!

THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Sister Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment