Monday, May 19, 2014

Knock Knock Knock

Sister Watko and I are staying in Grand Blanc one more transfer!
YAY!

We get to see Elder Holland tomorrow.
YAY!!!!!

This week was rough, or so we thought.

We did a lot of knocking.
Like, a lot.
One day, that's all we did.
We went out at the beginning of the day and knocked until lunch.
There was a house that we didn't knock, but I felt like we should and it bugged me all through lunch.
SO 20 minutes into lunch, we went and knocked on the door.
They weren't interested.
We knocked the rest of the street and then went home and finished lunch.

Then we went back out after lunch and knocked until dinner.
It was 4 straight hours of knocking doors and it was raining.
We taught 2 lessons.
No return appointments.
Then we went and had dinner.

After dinner, we visited Brother Gleason and he boosted our spirits :)
I love him :)

After that, we did some more knocking.
We knocked for 2 hours.
Taught two lessons.

4 lessons in 1 day.
I've been able to teach 4 lessons in 1 hour before.

This was Saturday.
A lot of people were home.
We got a lot of slammed doors, but we kept chugging along.
I wanted to cry, but I didn't.
I squared my shoulders and lifted up my head and kept knocking.
I didn't want to, but I needed to.

Yesterday, we had a lot of appointments with members set up.
We even committed one family to take the lessons like my family did, so that they can be better prepared for missionary opportunities. :)
I'm super excited.

Our one teaching appointment we had set up with an investigator fell through, so guess what we had to do.
Knock.
We went to a street where some potentials live.

I started to have a better attitude and was actually really excited :)
We had a goal to find 5 new investigators and were even challenged by our zone leaders to do so, and we only had one, so I was pumped to find 4.
I knew we could do it.
My companion was pretty down though.
We pulled over to talk and to rest since we hadn't had a chance because we were running from appointment to appointment all day.
As we were sitting there, a member pulled up next to us and said,
"Hey Sisters! Nap time?!"
We laughed because we were actually planning on taking a 5-10 minute nap.
He said "we're having cake if you want some."
Well, we had already eaten cake, but I'm not one to turn down cake, so we gladly accepted the invitation.
We could use a little boost :)

The family asked us about our week and we told them about Saturday:
Them:"How was your week?"
Us: "It was rough. Especially yesterday."
"What happened yesterday?"
"Well, we knocked all day and taught 4 investigators"
(We said that kind of timidly because we were disappointed and embarrassed. AND both the mom and dad had served missions. We expected an "it's ok" or an "oh")
Them: "Oh my gosh! That's awesome! That's way cool!"
They were so excited for us and we were confused.
Us: "Oh really? That's good?"
Them:"That's really good!"

It gave us the confidence we needed and reminded us that we are doing a great work and every effort is important and every little thing is a miracle.

After that, we got a new investigator and we didn't even need to find him.
The Elders found him for us :)

I love you all.
Have a blessed week :)

Love,
Sister Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment