Thursday, September 25, 2014

Families Are Forever

It's getting cold here.
How annoying.

You know, I miss my family.
It's so hard to be so far away from them with so little contact, but guess what!
I get to be with them for ETERNITY!
We will be a family forever and that's all possible through The Church of Jesus Chirst of Latter-day Saints.
Because of the temple we are sealed together forever and if we remain worthy of our covenants, that bond will never be broken.


I was reminded of this and am so grateful for eternal families because I witnessed a family who had a loss.
There was a guy (we'll call him Bob) who came to visit his daughter (we'll call her Amy).
Bob came up from Illinois to visit Amy.
It was a surprise visit.
They hadn't seen each other for a while.
They're both members of our church, but Amy hasn't been for a very long time and I don't know if Bob is active.
Bob had a heart attack and ended up in the hospital.
His sons came from Utah to see him.
Unfortunately, we got the news last night that they had to let Bob go.
It was so sad to hear that, but I know that Amy will come back to church and will be able to make it possible for her to be sealed to her dad for all time and eternity. :)

We were crazy busy again this week.
The Elders asked how many hours of finding we did.
We did 0. 
Haha, that sounds awful, but we honestly didn't have time.
I'm hoping that this week we will be able to do some finding.
We really need to.

Kay, before I go, here is a cool story.
We were teaching Serena and as we were leaving the church, she asked about modesty.
Well that's kind of my thang, like I'm super obsessed with it, so I was really excited.
Serena is the perfect example of how the gospel changes lives.
She has a desire to dress modestly.
She doesn't fully understand why it's important, but she knows the gospel is true and that she should dress modestly. :)
We are going shopping with her today to help to find modest clothing and to show her how to make immodest clothing modest.
I'm so excited!
She is so solid!

I love you all and pray that you will have a good week :)
Don't forget how much God loves you.
I'd like to invite you all to look for God's tender mercies this week :)

Love,
Sister Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment