Thursday, March 20, 2014

I Love Being a Missionary!

Have I told you how much I love being a missionary?

This week 2 investigators came to church and a less-active.
It was a miracle.
I don't think that's ever happened while I've been out here :)

I am so grateful for the Lord.

I'm going to tell you all something personal.
I got a blessing a while ago that told me I would have a trial.
I thought a lot about why I would be told that in a blessing. 
Well, it hit me, trials are blessings!
They really are there to build us up.

Now I don't believe that trials make us stronger.
I believe trials show us how strong we are.

Before we came to earth, we knew that it would be tough.
We knew that life wouldn't be easy, but we knew that we were strong enough to face anything.

And shoot, we are the children of God! 
Of course we're strong!

This morning in my studies, I read Alma 36.
In this chapter, Alma the younger is talking to his son Helaman.

In verse 3 it says:
"for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."

Isn't that freaking awesome!

Trust in God and everything is good!
Now this doesn't mean we don't have to work for anything.
We have to work hard, but the Lord will help us.

I know this church is true.
I am so grateful to know about my loving Heavenly Father. 
I am so grateful for my brother Jesus Christ who atoned for me.

I love you all!

Have a great week!

Love,

Sister Heywood

SHOUT OUT TO MY BABY SISTER!!!!
HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY ABBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I LOVE YOU!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment