Wednesday, July 23, 2014

You Need To Be At Church

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Daddy and my cousin Dwight :)
LOVE YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, just so you know, getting people to church is really hard.
Like super hard.
I've struggled with it my whole mission.

People just don't come!

Gavin, who set a date for baptism would come with his family and leave early.
This week we told him boldly and lovingly that he needs to come to church.
We taught him how important it is and suggested coming solo if his family is going to leave early.
Well guess what kids!
HE CAME!
All by himself!
And he stayed the whole time!
He also got to go to a baptism on Saturday which was really good for him. :)

Brandon also made it to church.
When we sat down he says "I had a rough night."
By the way he said it I knew he'd been out drinking.
He confirmed that when I asked him why.
But he made it to sacrament meeting!
YAY!!!!

Pat, a less-active made it too!
He hasn't been able to drive his car and last week he was too prideful to let us find him a ride.
This week he let us get him a ride and he was so happy to be at church :)
People don't understand how vital church attendance is to our spiritual nourishment.
Lots of people say "oh well, I should spend more time studying and doing good instead of sitting for 3 hours learning about how we need to study and do good."

Let me just tell you, it is so much more than that.

I'm about to get real intense.
Some of you may not like it.
Please choose to NOT be offended, because this isn't meant to offend.

Ready?
You need to humble yourself and go to church.
God has actually commanded us to go to church.
If we don't go, He can't bless us.
Church arms us with the tools we need to be able to do all that we need to do and want to do.
With out it, our spirits suffer.
It's like forgetting to eat breakfast.
You do not know everything that God knows.
You never will in this life, BUT you can gain more knowledge through church attendance.
If you think you know it all and have no need for church, repent.

Church allows us to receive answers from our Heavenly Father.
Church helps us tune into the Holy Ghost.
Church helps us remember our Savior and use His Atonement.

Do not take church for granted.
If you struggle with going to church, any church, try going in with a question.
As you're getting ready to go to church ponder, or think, about a question.
Let it be ingrained in your heart.
Then, pray and ask God your question.
Keep the question in your mind as you listen to the speakers and partake of the sacrament.
Listen to the Spirit and pay attention to what you feel and think while others teach you.
I promise you that as you do so, you will understand the importance of church attendance.

I know it because I had a question once and it was answered by going through this process.

Well, that was fun :)

Here's a miracle for you :)

We went to Walmart and we were printing out pictures.
I had this quote from a General Authority:

"Above all never loose faith in your Father in Heaven who loves you more than you can comprehend." 
-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland-

He said, I agree!

Anyway, we were talking and he talked to Sister Lundgren about missionary work.
He told us about how he devoted his life to the Lord 2 years ago.
We talked about his experiences and stuff.
He asked if he could pray for us.
We said of course!
So, we prayed at the photo center in Walmart :)
Awesome huh?!

I love you all!
Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Heywood

Wait!!!!

I forgot to tell you about the sweetest experience I had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had to take our car to get an oil change.
Afterward, I really wanted some chocolate.
We ran to Walgreens real quick and got some.
 
Here's my experience with my cashier:
Cashier: Hi. How are you?
Me: Good. How are you?
C: Good.
Me: How has your day been going?
C: *looks at me with a surprised look on her face* No one has ever asked me that before.
Me: Really?
C: No. 
Me: Well, they should!

I made her day!!
She was so grateful and it made me feel so good that I could make her happy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment