Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer in Michigan

Michigan is hot and humid, but this summer has been really nice!
Almost every day has been perfect.
Although, we get like a million thunder storms and we've even had some tornado warnings, like last night.
It limits our work sometimes, which is annoying, but oh well.
I can't control the weather.

This week was pretty good.
We were waiting for Gavin to get home from vacation.
He gets baptized this Saturday, so we've got a lot to do.
He was supposed to get home 3 days ago....now he won't be home until today.
I was frustrated at first and we even thought about pushing the baptism back a week.
Sister Lundgren and I didn't feel very good about that idea.
We decided to push forward with the baptism.
We prayed about the decision we made and felt good about it.
I have to remember that this isn't my baptism.
It's Gavin's.
It's God's reunion with Gavin, and I need to remind myself of that.
Gavin isn't a number, and I know that this is the right time for him :)

I am so grateful for this gospel.
I know that following Christ is the only way to true happiness.
I wish that some of the really special people in my life knew that.
All I can do is be an example and pray for them that they will embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

To all of you, my brothers and sisters, do NOT forget your Father in Heaven.
He loves you more than you can know.
He wants to bless you so badly.
He wants you home with him, so do all you can to get there.

I love you all!
Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Heywood

No comments:

Post a Comment